Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Surprise!

So a month ago my dearest friend Lauren called and asked if I could come visit her in Portland. Of course I thought nothing of this and a month later I found myself driving to Portland to play volleyball with one of my best friends. I was SO excited to see her and spend the weekend with just her and I! When I got there we decided it would be fun to drive up to Olympia and see Nicole and maybe play some volleyball with her. Then we invited Anya...it was looking to be one promising weekend!

Little did I know that this weekend was carefully planned by Robyn Williams (my assistant coach in Seattle) Nicole, Lauren, and Bryan. Lo and I got to Nicole's house and to my surprise all of my good friends were there to throw my a bridal shower! I was so surprised (Bryan and Lo did a great job from hiding it from me...despite my best efforts to figure it out). It was the best present I have ever had. It was so amazing to see all of my friends from Seattle. I had such an amazing time there and met the most amazing people there..I am so blessed to have such AMAZING friends. I was sad that I was not able to see everyone before my wedding...since the wedding is in Idaho Falls and most of my friends are in Seattle. Not to mention all the fun presents I got! It was such a blast and I wish I could see them more often. here are some pictures of the shower.


We played a bunch of games but this one is my new favorite and well very addicting! It is telephone pictionary and is so funny! I can't wait to play this one with my family..I can only imagine how funny it will be with all the Renchers!


My veil and crown: courtesy of Lo and Cole





Robyn was nice enough to make mimosas for everyone. Unfortunately mine was a mocktail but it was still very yummy!!


The girls! From left to right: me, Anya, Lauren, Glenda, Emily, Jess, Nicole, Baby Brooklyn, Erin

Robyn had a baby four months ago! I can't believe her little girl is already so old! it was so good to see her and the baby!


Thanks again everyone for such a WONDERFUL weekend! I am amazed by how blessed I am everyday! I can't wait to see you all again! O and thanks for keeping it all a secret Bry and Lo it was so perfect!

3 comments:

robyn2231 said...

I am so happy for you Melinda... It was my plessure to have this surprise party for you. You do have some amazing young women in your life you love and admire you. You are such a special person to me. I love you very much and am so excited for you in your next life adventure.
Love,
Robyn

The Dillons said...

That is amazing! I am so glad you got that wonderful surprise. i can't believe Bryan and your friend were able to keep it a secret! Glad you got to see your friends before the wedding. I can't wait to see you!

S-T.E.C.H. said...

You need to dish about the presents!!! Love you and can't wait to see you next week!