Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tender Mercies


I have been so blessed to have the most wonderful friends in my life. One of my roommates and best friends from Seattle and I have been through a lot together. I can honestly say I could not have gotten through some things with out her. Lately she has been struggling with some trails of her own. Her oldest sister, Jill, had a little boy named Abel 5 months ago. Abel is the happiest little boy I have ever met. You could see and feel his precious little spirit so strongly when you looked at his little eyes. Unfortunately, Abel had a lot of health problems. He spent most of his time in the hospital. After countless heart surgeries they sent in home in hopes of getting well enough for another surgery. However his health never improved, and the doctors said his body could not handle another surgery. Lauren and her family have been staying with Jill spending all the time they can with little Abel. Earlier this afternoon he passed away calmly in his mothers arms. I am so sad such a wonderful little boy had to return to his father I heaven without really getting to know his earthly family.




I can not even imagine how hard this would be...had this been my nephew or my son even, I do not know what I would do with myself. Jill and her husband were sealed in the temple just a short while ago. What a blessing it is for them to know that they will see their little boy again. I am also grateful that I will be getting married in the temple to such a wonderful and caring man...someone I can share those same blessings with. I am sad that it takes a death of a small friend for me to really search my scriptures and get on my knees and thank the lord for all he does for me. What a wonderful blessing it is to the gospel in my life, for the wonderful knowledge and comfort it gives me, so I can comfort my friend in need. I know that Abel is with our father in heaven and that he is happy and pain free and looking over the Steenson family. I am so grateful for all the healthy nieces, nephews, cousins, and little friends that are in my life that give my so much happiness and make me laugh so hard! I love you all and be safe!

No comments: