Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year Bryan and I decided to have our own Thanksgiving in Klamath Falls. Idaho Falls was just too far away and we could not afford it...it's hard to be a poor college student! This was our first year away from home on the Holidays which was a little weird....the first time with out black Friday shopping w/ my mom and sisters! However this year was a lot of fun, and Bryan and I had quite the feast. We were so worried about how this dinner would turn out but it was fantastic. Bryan cooked the Turkey and I did everything else. Bryan was so proud of his turkey and I have to give it to him it was really good...we both felt so old and adult! Cooking the whole dinner ourselves, cleaning ourselves, and being alone made me feel like I had a family of my own..I loved it!! It was nice to only have to clean up after two people instead of doing dishes for twenty people like we would if we were home. After dinner we watched a million Christmas movies and just hung out. It was very quiet but I loved spending all that time with my Fiance.

Normally around this time of year it is normal to reflect on what you are thankful for, but this year meant a lot more to me. I have lead a very blessed life and I feel I have taken a lot of it for granted. This year made me realize just how blessed I am. I have been blessed with some amazing opportunities, to go to school, play volleyball, travel, meet the people that I have, and share the gospel to a lot of people. I love my family and have been blessed with the most amazing parents, brothers and sisters. I am especially thankful for my fiance. He is my rock and helps me get form day to day. He makes sure I get to church and really is such an example to me when it come to the gospel. I love him so much.

That's all for this post. I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!


Can we talk about how much gray I am wearing?



Bryan's Turkey!

1 comment:

The Dillons said...

Yay, I'm glad you stalk me cause I had no idea you had a blog. I just read the last two post you have done. The Thanksgiving feast looks yummy! Good job you two. And the tender mercy one made me cry. He has the sweetest smile.
I miss you Mindy and hope things are going well. I will be stalking you now :)

P.S. I come home Dec. 12th