Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Price of a Kitchen Aid


SO lately Mindy and I have been messing around with trying to make the perfect Guacamole. Tonight was our third night making it in the past... 4 days. Right before making it, I remembered ordering "Guacamole Cheese Fries" from Los Albertos in Idaho Falls. They were WAY delicious, and I realized we have a HUGE bag of French Fries in the freezer that would most likely never be used. So after I made the Guacamole, I set the Kitchen Aid up to grate cheese, grated the cheese, and spread it across the already cooked french fries and slid them back into the oven to melt the cheese. I then started to clean up after the huge mess I made (all your hard work has paid off, ma! I clean up during/immediately after cooking!). I start to take apart the Kitchen Aid. When it is set up for grating cheese, you have to slide two parts together, and they lock into place. Its kind of a ghetto way to lock into place.
It's way difficult to take apart. While I was trying to get these two pieces apart (one of which has all the blades on it) my hand slipped, and I sliced my thumb WAY bad. It took me about 20 seconds to realize what had happened. My first thought: What happened? Next thought: Did I cut myself? And then: No, there's no way I cut myself... And lastly, once I saw the blood come gushing out: YEP, I cut myself! So I ran to the bathroom, and held the cut under water. I've never had a cut hurt that bad when holding it under the water! Maybe because the last time I was cut badly was when Chris (thanks again, pal) ran me over with an ATV and split my head open, and I had to go to the ER. But thats another story. With this cut, I had a HUGE piece of skin hanging off. So my amazing wife comes running in with the first aid kit, and proceeds to fix my kitchen battle wound. It took quite a bit of work, but she fixed me! I think my favorite part of this whole story is when I started to feel light headed. I sat on the floor with my hand up over the sink while Mindy worked on the thumb. Soka, our puppy, comes running in and starts giving me kisses. I can't really stop her at this point, and she slides up and sits right next to me so we are both facing the same direction. She keeps giving me kisses (making me laugh really hard), and seemed genuinely concerned about me. It really was one of the cutest things I have ever seen/had happen to me in my entire life, and was the best medicine to take the pain away! I completely forgot my thumb was throbbing. Yep, I definitely think everyone could use a Soka in their lives! She was the best! Almost as awesome as my amazing wife. :)
Soka

1 comment:

Bryce said...

Bryan - Sorry about your thumb dude. I totally remember when Chris ran you over with the ATV. When you mentioned it I saw the hole thing play again in my head.